Tuesday, November 29, 2011

A Few Recipes

Now that we're back from our little Thanksgiving trip, I'm ready to use the "odd" items from our basket last week. I thought I'd share a few recipes I'm excited to try. And I'm sharing a few tried and true FAVORITES!

Broccoli:
Quick: Cut broccoli to desired size and put into microwave-safe container or ziploc bag. Sprinkle with salt, pepper, garlic powder. Add a few pads of butter. Microwave for 2-3 minutes depending on quantity and desired tenderness.

Roasted: Cut pokey stuff off the outside of the stalks. Cut broccoli all the way down the stalks in strips. Put on foil-lined baking sheet sprayed with pam. Spray Broccoli with pam (or coat with olive oil), sprinkle with salt, and other desired seasonings. (I use garlic powder, fresh parmesan cheese, Montreal steak seasoning). Bake on 400 for about 15-20 minutes or until desired tenderness.

Roasted quick method: Microwave broccoli for 2-3 minutes, follow roasting directions, but just low broil until cheese is golden brown, or until broccoli is tender.

Roasted Asparagus:

Wash and break off ends. Either coat with olive oil or spay asparagus with pam after you put it on a foil-lined baking sheet. Top with desired seasonings. (I use salt, pepper, fresh parmesan cheese). Bake @ 400 until tender.

Herb Roasted Red Potatoes

(I make these all the time--Easy and yummy!)

http://www.melskitchencafe.com/2010/08/herb-roasted-potatoes.html

Butternut Squash Soup:
(This looks yummy--It will be tonight's dinner. There are all sorts of ways to use butternut squash on allrecipes.com)

http://allrecipes.com/recipe/butternut-squash-soup-with-a-kick/detail.aspx

A Few Ways to use your Cranberries:
(If you haven't already!)


http://allrecipes.com/recipe/orange-cranberry-upside-down-cake/detail.aspx

http://allrecipes.com/recipe/green-salad-with-cranberry-vinaigrette/detail.aspx

http://allrecipes.com/recipe/frosted-cranberries/detail.aspx

http://allrecipes.com/recipe/cranberry-orange-loaf/detail.aspx

No comments:

Post a Comment